[Eric] Mercurial plugin for Eric 4

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Apr 30 10:15:05 BST 2011

On Samstag, 30. April 2011, Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
> Detlev,
>
> Thanks for the answers on my other questions.
>
> Are there any plans to backport the above from Eric 5 to Eric 4?
>
> Has the plugin system been changed a lot between 4 and 5 or are the
> changes only/mainly related to Python 3?

Somebody is already in the process of backporting the mercurial plug-in from
eric5 to eric4. The changes between eric5 and eric4 are mainly these:

1. Python3 vs. Python2
2. Use of new style signal/slot connections of PyQt4
3. Use aof PyQt4 v2 API (that is no QString, QStringList and QVariant anymore)

detlev at die-offenbachs.de