[Eric] Accented letters and autocompletion

Leonardo Giordani giordani.leonardo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 15:44:13 GMT 2011

Hi, I'm experiencing a weird error with autocompletion enabled and
accented letters in comments.
If I have accented letters in my comments (since I'm italian sometimes
my quick personal TODO are not in english) autocompletion shows a
bunch of suggestions but they are not related to what I'm writing, it
seems more or less a simple list of everything is in my file.

The file begins with

# -*- coding: latin-1 -*-

The file is quite long (3700 lines). I tried to reproduce the problem
with a shorter file in order to post it here as an example but there
everything works fine.

However in my long file, if I remove all my "è", "à" and company
autocompletion comes back to life, with them it returns fuzzy results.

Any idea? My eric configuration follows.
Thank you in advance

Leo

My eric4 configuration is the following

Version Numbers

Python 2.6.4
Qt 4.5.2
PyQt 4.6
sip 4.9.1-snapshot-20091015
QScintilla 2.4
eric4 4.4.17 (r4101)

Autocompletion:
x Autocompletion enabled
x Case sensitive
O Replace word
Threshold 3

QScintilla Autocompletion:
O Show single
O Use fill-up characters
Source: from Document

Rope Autocompletion
x Enable autocompletion
Number of errors to fix: 10
Time to wait fo code assist: 100ms

Can you reproduce this? I'm available to test