[Eric] Existing python file does not appear in Project-Viewer

Jaime Seuma jaims.seuma at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 08:22:49 GMT 2011

>   1. Existing python file does not appear in Project-Viewer
>      (Youssef Oualmakran)

> I have progressed in the tutorial thanks your comments.
>
> I have created a file "minibrowser.py", which seems to have
> disappeared when I re-opened the project. I have attached a
> screenshot, where you can see the files displayed by the
> "Project-Viewer" (on the right side) and the files shown by the
> Windows Explorer (on the right side). Why is there a difference?

Hi Youssef,
If you have created the file from inside the eric IDE, this file should
already be accessible from the Project Viewer panel.
If somehow it is not, you can include it into the project at any moment:

1) you can right-click on the Project-viewer panel and select 'add source
code files' from the context menu.
2) alternatively, you can include files in the project using the Project
menu item (add files/add directories). (Note: I am using the Spanish
translation, therefore the names of the menu items that I'm explaining here
are approximate).

If you have created the file from outside the eric IDE, you'll have to
manyally add them to the project before you can see them in the project
viewer.
AFAIK the project viewer doesn't look out in the directory tree for new
files to be included in the project.

Again, if the file(s) is(are) not there, it is pretty straightforward to get
it(them) included in the project.

HIH

Regards

Jaime