[Eric] ButtonGroup in QT Designer 4.7.1

Justin Frost xfrost11 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 22:16:46 GMT 2011

Using the new install package of PyQT 4.8.3-1 with Python 2.6.1, 2.7.1 and 3.1 I get a error dialog with a title of "uic error" and the message is "There was an error loading the form (path to form).  'str' object has no attribute 'string.'  when I try to use the "Generate Dialog Code..." option.  By deleting widgets from my form I was able isolate the error to the way QT Designer 4.7.1 creates ButtonGroups.  If there is any ButtonGroup in the form, neither eric4 nor eric5 appear to be able to parse the .ui file.  Has anybody else run into this program and got around it?

Thanks,
-Justin