[Eric] Killing keyboard shortcuts

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Jul 27 17:54:40 BST 2011

On Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2011, Ed Hughes wrote:
> Hi Detlev,
> I have made a stupid kerboard shortcut in Eric4 - mistakenly assigning it
> to "Space". The thing is I cannot now get rid of this shortcut and it has
> made Eric unusable! I have, in desperation, removed the entire Eric4
> package from my distribution and reinstalled it but the shortcut returns.
> I have tried "Edit Shortcut" and "Clear" but this seems to have no effect
> - the shortcut keeps returning no matter what I do. Obviously this means I
> cannot use Eric as every time I hit the space bar the shortcut launches.
> Please tell me how I may clear this setting so I can get back to using
> Eric4.
> Kind Regards,
> BgEddy

Open the shortcuts configuration dialog and try to assign another shortcut to
the entry containing the space key right now. However, clear should work and
unbind any shortcut for the given entry. Did you press the OK button of the
dialog? If all this fails you may open the eric config file (for eric4 it is
~/.config/Eric4/eric4.ini) and delete the faulty keyboard shortcut. Another
alternative would be to load the default shortcuts file (default.e4k).

detlev at die-offenbachs.de