[Eric] New at Eric, have lost all 'viewer' windows

Al Dunstan adunstan at omi.com
Mon Jun 27 18:12:20 BST 2011

Using Eric 4.4.15 (as well as 4.4.14) I've managed to make all but the editor
window go away.  The project viewer, template viewer, shell, etc - nothing but
the source file editor.

I've tried every Alt-Shift-<letter> combination but the the only that appeared
to do anything was Alt-Shift-D, which brought up the Debug-Viewer.  Debug-
Viewer shows no threads so I assume I'm not stuck in the middle of a debug
session I didn't know about.

Using File/Open I can open .py files; they're displayed just fine.  I'm using
PyQt4 and if I open a .ui file, either via Ctrl-O or File/Open, rather than
bring up the Qt designer it opens the .ui file as a text file.

It was working fine last week on a small project.  I've also tried creating a
brand new project and get the same results.

Any clues as to what I've messed up?

Thanks!

--
Al Dunstan, Software Engineer
OptiMetrics, Inc.

"There are two ways of constructing a software design.  One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies.  And the other way
is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
            - C. A. R. Hoare