[Eric] Segmentation fault

ken brockman krush1954 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 09:53:10 GMT 2012

After finally getting eric5 installed after a 2 month battle, I gleefully clicked on the icon and was greeted by..nothing.
Sort of anti-climatic, to say the least. So i logged off then back on, hoping it may have made a difference. It didn't. I then rebooted and tried again. No good. I tried from the terminal and got a segmentation fault. I uninstalled, then re installed. same out come.
When I uninstalled, it didn't really seem to do anything except remove the icon from the computer. There was no hard drive activity of note and it took about 5 seconds. the reinstall took about the same 5 seconds, no hard drive activity to speak of, and it just seemed to put the icon back on.

After going through 2 months of configuring, making, and make installing of Sip, QT4, PyQt, QScintilla and the python binding, I feel a tad let down to say the least.

Linus Ubuntu 11.10,   eric5-5.2.0,  PyQt-x11-gpi-4.9,  sip-4.13.2,  QScintilla-gpl-2.6,  python3.2.2