[PyKDE] Event loop

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 19 21:59:43 GMT 1999

On 19 Nov 1999, Pete Ware wrote:

> Sure except how do I get the code that determines it is ok to emit the
> signal to know there is data?  I want the rest of the application to
> keep on running.  I got lost in a twisty maze involving QFile,
> QIODevice, QAsyncIO, and QIODeviceSource.

Look, I'm well and truly and completely out of my depth, but couldn't
you just code this part in pure Python? I don't know what you're doing,
but I do know that I like to do my bits of file IO / network IO and so
on using the Python libraries.  What is it that you are trying to do? It
sounds amazingly convoluted ;-).

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://denden.conlang.org