[PyKDE] I must be missing something, but what?

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Mon Oct 4 07:27:24 BST 1999

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Joachim Kaeber wrote:

> > ImportError: libsip.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > directory
>
> Two possible solutions:
> 1. Set LD_LIBRAR_PATH to include the directory where libsip.so* resides;
>    this is only a temporary fix, because LD_LIBRARY_PATH, especially
>    when set globally in your login environment, is nearly always
>    a bad idea.

Yep,  that was all that was needed. I was confused because I didn't see
the exact file it was asking for.

> 2. Recompile/link the complete package and include -R{dir-with-libs},
>    or -rpath {dir-with-libs}, or set LD_RUN_PATH accordingly
>    (depends on your compile/link environment, e.g. our Solaris gcc
>    is LD_RUN_PATH aware, my Linux box at home needs -rpath.

This is probably a better solution and I'll probably get to that in the
morning. Thanks!

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.net   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"I must say that I was really happy to see _Linux for Dummies_ -- that's