[PyKDE] ANNOUNCE: SIP/PyQt/PyKDE v0.13pre5

Boudewijn Rempt bsarempt at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 30 20:24:58 BST 2000

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Phil Thompson wrote:

> v0.13pre5 is in the usual place at
> http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk/software/private/.
>
> The good news... It includes pyuic and the mydialog example provided
> with Qt Designer seems to work perfectly.

Great!

> The bad news... I've had to change the way enums are implemented - and
> the change will break existing scripts. Enums are now more C++ like -
> instead of saying something like Qt.Orientation.Horizontal, you now say
> Qt.Horizontal.

That could hurt, I think... Those enums happen all over the place. But
well, a good reason for a nice refactoring session (was necessary for
me anyway, since I did already want to convert my projects to Qt 2,x,)

> I plan to release v0.13 as soon as possible after Qt 2.2 is released -
> but if I manage to get Windows support in first I'll go straight to
> SIP/PyQt/PyKDE v2.0.

Any chance that the new QTable widget will be supported? It looks like
a nice spread-sheety widget, just what I've been trying to do in Python
for more than a year.