[PyKDE] qtarch and PyQt/KDE

Boudewijn Rempt bsarempt at rempt.xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 3 22:15:14 GMT 2000

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Gary Huckabay wrote:
>
> > Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > >
> > > I was wondering whether it would be useful to have a utility that
> > > translated the qtArch output to Python - or whether there's even
> > > someone who has already begun such a beast,,,
> >
> > Yes, that would be immensely useful!  The glade tool for PyGTK is very
> > useful.
>
> I agree. It might even be more useful if we could parse Glade stuff and
> come up with Qt architecture out of it. :)

Well, that's getting more complicated. I mean, the C++ output of QtArch
can be turned into Python with a few well-choses search-and-replace
commands, and the same holds of the intermediary format. But converting
from one style of gui to another, that's another matter. If I get a bit
of time, I'll try to whip up a simple conversion script, even though
I'm sure there are people around who are far more capable than I am
for this little task ;-).>