[PyKDE] [Fwd: embedding Qt and Python in one app]

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 20 17:28:23 GMT 2000

Floris van den Berg wrote:

> > > And since there are no libs to links the DLL in c++, there are
> > two seperate
> > > versions of Qt linked.
> >
> > Sorry, I don't understand this last sentence. There shouldn't be any
> > problem re-building PyQt against your own Qt DLL - you may have to
> > change the name of the DLL in the Windows Makefile.
>
> The big problem is that we don't have a Qt DLL, but a statically linked
> version. We obtained a commercial license to use the static version, but
> somehow it interferes with PyQt. One way or the other, we have to merge PyQt
> into our own static Qt libraries.
>
> If we would use the PyQT DLL, we would have two versions of Qt. The first
> one would be located inside our commercial lib, the other one would be
> located inside the DLL. In our case the application (QApplication,
> QMainWindow) is build using our static lib and the python dialogs are
> created using the DLL. Hence, the two libraries won't find eachother. How
> can we manage to fix this?

I understand now.

> I finally got the SIP.EXE compiling (DJGPP could compile it apparently). I
> also managed to get the .SIP files converting to CPP files. But when i tried
> to pull these files into my c++ application, i got 145 link errors. Linking
> with libqtc.lib solves these errors, but then my app links with the DLL
> again. Which i don't want.
>
> Hope you can help... :(

No sorry - Windows and I don't really understand each other. I'm happy
to change things if I can make things easier - but somebody will have to
tell me what needs to be done.

By the way, the reason for the delay in response from theKompany email
was that you sent your email to the webmaster rather than the support
list.