[PyKDE] Problem with QMenuData::insertItem

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Apr 26 04:01:25 BST 2001

I consistently get the following warning using
Py[Qt,KDE] 2.3 or 2.4:

    QObject::connect: Incompatible sender/receiver arguments
        QSignal::x() --> sipProxyqt::proxySlot(int)

It occurs any time I use QMenuData::insertItem, as
in the example program at PyKDE-2.4/examples/kmyapp.py:

    self.fileMenu = QPopupMenu()
    self.fileMenu.insertItem(i18n("&Quit"),kapp.quit,CTRL+Key_Q)

The second line generates the warning message. Makes
no difference if the accelerator key assignment is
used or not. Also makes no difference if 'kapp.quit' is
replaced with 'self.foo' where 'foo' is defined
with 'def foo (self)'.

It has no effect on the operation of the program, however -
menus work just fine. But I get an annoying list of
warnings from a program with a lot of menu entries.

I've tried a few things (like using SLOT), but none of
them make any difference (and most don't even work). Is
there a way to fix this, or is it a Qt problem, or am I
missing something (the last is most often the problem)?

I'm using Python 2.0, sip, PyQt and PyKDE 2.3 or 2.4 compiled
using gcc 2.95.2 and built with qt-1.45 on SuSE 7.1.

Jim Bublitz