[PyKDE] Run time problem with PyQt 2.5

Alan Bowden alanb at adsmr.co.za
Thu Aug 16 16:24:48 BST 2001

Problem summary:

Python library, libqtc is not found since I upgraded python, Qt,
sip and PyQt. The Qt examples compile and run perfectly.

Details of problem:

The software version are as follows:
	Mandrake 8.0
	python 2.1
	Qt 2.3.1		upgraded from 2.3.0
	sip 2.5		upgraded from 2.4
	PyQt 2.5		upgraded from 2.4

	With the old versions, the software runs fine.

When running any python program which includes "py", I then got the
following error:
	Traceback (most recent call last):
	  File "iws.py", line 19, in ?
	      import qt
	ImportError: No module named qt

After reading "./pydoc site", I added the file,
/usr/local/lib/site-python/qt.pth containing:
	/opt/PyQt-2.5/qt
	/opt/PyQt-2.5/qtgl

The error changed to the following:
	Traceback (most recent call last):
	  File "iws.py", line 19, in ?
	      import qt
	  File "/opt/PyQt-2.5/qt/qt.py", line 44, in ?
	      import libqtc
	ImportError: No module named libqtc

qt.py includes libqtc, but I have searched the entire disk and
there is no libqtc.py file. There is a libqtc.so file and I assume
that the python binding to this is what is missing.

What can I try next to resolve this?

Thanks for any response,
Alan Bowden