[PyKDE] Help needed with SIP

gvermeul at labs.polycnrs-gre.fr gvermeul at labs.polycnrs-gre.fr
Mon Aug 20 17:36:32 BST 2001

Hi Jon,

> Hello Gerard
> Thanks again for all your help.
> I carefully went through your email and tried everything you said but no luck.
I have no real ideas, only a few suggestions:

> 1. Yes, I generate a new Makefile.am etc. below is the script I use [...]

I don't know if it matters, but I would add

libtoolize --copy --force

before the aclocal stuff. Especially, since you swapped libtool a few times.
> 2. Yes I get "gcc -shared CCC.lo MMMcmodule.lo..."   (you said CCCcmodule.lo ?) output
shown below.
> 3. strings CCC.lo did not find __ti3CCC  (NM lists it as U).
Yep, typo, MMMcmodule.lo. On my system, strings does not show the __

> 4. Dont know about rtti so I tried both ways, -frtti gives the __ti3CCC error. 
gives (all listings below are with -fno-rtti):
With respect to -frtti: it is best stay in line with the Mandrake RPMS(?).
You have Qt-2.3.1 or 2.3.0? Look in the *.spec file in the SRPMS.

> This is driving me mad. I thought if I started with a very simple example, it would be
easy !
One last point: in the line

lib$mcmodule_la_LIBADD = -L$$(DESTDIR)$$(libdir) -lqtcmodule $$(SIP_LDLIBDIRS) -lsip -lqt

I would put -lqtcmodule at the end (nevertheless PyQtgl works on my system).


I am working on a distutils-setup.py script for my PyQwt bindings (a much
smaller and  simplified version of Thomas Malik's setup scripts - see this
Mailing List June/July).
It is working now on my system - Mandrake-7.2/Python-2.1.1 (with
small bug fix of distutils.UnixCCompiler.py).

The libqwtcmodule.so generated by distutils is half the size of the version
generated by autoconf/configure/libtool. BUT, it WORKS!

(I want to add a few work arounds for bugs and/or missing features in

It might help you, but no guarantees.


This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.

More information about the PyQt mailing list