[PyKDE] PyQt and sip problems

thor.arne.johansen at ibas.no thor.arne.johansen at ibas.no
Tue Dec 4 01:32:06 GMT 2001

Hello,

I've recently discovered Python and PyQt. I'm evaluating Python as a
scriptlanguage for embedding into C++ apps, but the script must be able to
access/use Qt. (We're currently using C++/Qt (mostly on the windows
platform, but cross platform is still a must).

I have downloaded sip-3.0, PyQt 3.0 and Python 2.1.1, and I already have
an installation of Qt 3.0 (commercial) on the( Win2K) box.

My problem is that I'm not able to compile sip.

It seems the *-win32-msvc makefile expect a qt.lib, while in fact qt3.0
make a couple of files (qt-mt300.lib and qtmain.lib). I've tried to
include both in the makefile, but the linker complains about not finding
QApplication (referenced from moc_pyQt.cpp if memory serves me right).

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong.

(Hmm I just got a creeping suspicion: Is it possible to use shared-lib qt
= qt-mt300.dll, or must I use static-lib qt??))

BR,

Thor Arne Johansen
Ibas AS