[PyKDE] Applying patches, how?

Peter Covitz sfpeterac at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 20:04:27 GMT 2001

> cd to the top pevel source directory and
>
> 	patch -p1 <patch_file
>
> Phil

Thanks.  I gave that a try but it seems to just hang.
Specifically, I copied the four
PyQt-3.0-Qt-3.0.0-patch.* files into the source
directory where I did the original configure/make.

I then typed the command:

patch -p1 PyQt-3.0-Qt-3.0.0-patch.1

Tried the same with the patch.2,3,4 files.  The
process hangs without using any appreciable CPU
or memory. How long should it take (I let it go
for ~20 minutes)? Any particulars I need to try?
I'm running on RedHat 7.2.  Thanks again for any
 suggestions.

Peter