[PyKDE] ANNOUNCE: BlackAdder for Python/Qt Development

Boudewijn Rempt bsarempt at rempt.xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 13 09:04:57 GMT 2001

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Phil Thompson wrote:

> Without giving too many details away about the internals :) if you look
> at www.scintilla.org you will get a good idea of the capabilities of the
> built in editor.

Good choice - when I reviewed Python IDE's last year for InformIT I
noticed IDE's using scintilla were way beyond others in functionality.
I wonder, is scintilla used from Python or from C++? If the former,
are the bindings part of Blackadder (to be used by developers)? Wing IDE
(which has a _great_ source browser) also uses scintilla, wrapped in
Python. Their wrappers are open-source.

It's quite possible that a Qt-based, Scintilla based editor will
make me abandon Nedit ;-). Wing would have done for me, but it uses
GTK, and I hate the feel of that.