[PyKDE] Scintilla Editor Component

Robert Roy rjroy at takingcontrol.com
Sat Jan 13 17:24:43 GMT 2001

Hi,
I noticed in one of the postings that BlackAdder will be using Scintilla as an editor component (I thought I recognised it from the screen shots). Are there plans to release the port of Scintilla to Qt (as a BlackAdder widget yes!) or is the port being kept proprietary? I have a project coming down the pipes where the availability of Scintilla or an editing component of that strength may be what tips the scale in favour of one environment or another. I keep threatening to port it myself, but I am not sure I am far enough down the Qt learning curve to do so efficiently. And if someone else has already done it... :-)

Bob