[PyKDE] PyQt resources

Boudewijn Rempt bsarempt at rempt.xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 16 20:43:38 GMT 2001

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, Scott Prive wrote:

> I am learning Python/Tkinter. My intent is to write portable
> applications that work on both Windows and Linux/unix.

PyQt apps works out of the box on Linux and Windows. I was no
end surprised when Kura just worked when I installed it on
Windows 2000. It's a bit of a pity that PyQt for Windows is
going to cost money - but that doesn't make it any less portable.

Anyway, the only way to write tkInter apps that approach the
level of functionality offered by PyQt is to use Secret Labs
libraries - and they are even more expensive.