[PyKDE] sip/PyQt .deb packages

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Mon Jul 9 07:10:07 BST 2001

Hi people. Some of you maybe noticed I've uploaded 2.4 sip and PyQt
packages (sip and python-pyqt) into Debian "sid" (unstable) the last
few weeks. I plan to include Wilken Boie's doc with the next package
revision (I think Phil is going to do so with the upstream version of
PyQt, but I'm very busy at work now, and can't follow the CVS changes).

I'm not going to make PyKDE packages right now, as Debian has KDE 2.* at
this moment, and it's the one I have installed on my machines. If my job
gives me some spare time O:) I'll try to help with the port (if needed).

At this moment, it seems all is working fine, with the exception of
"eric", the debugger. It's because Debian has Python 1.5.2 as "main"
Python package (you know, licensing issues, et al). We're now "upgrading"
to 2.* as our main Python interpreter, so I will wait a bit more, instead
of packaging something like "sip2" or "python2-pyqt".

If you feel something is wrong with these packages, please, mail me or
fill a bug against them using the BTS (http://bugs.debian.org) as usual.

Thanks,

	Ricardo J. Cárdenes Medina.