[PyKDE] pyuic

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 10 01:45:28 BST 2001

On Sunday 08 July 2001 08:42, Phil Thompson wrote:
> Jonathan Gardner wrote:
<snip>
> > Then I went into the old directory where I untarred sip-2.4 and tried to
> > build it before. I entered the following commands:
>
> Safer to delete the directory and untar the sources again.

<snip>
> > Then I went into the old directory where I untarred PyQt-2.4 and tried to
> > build it before. I entered the following commands:
>
> Ditto.

<snip>
> > sipqtProxyqt.moc:29: no matching function for call to
> > `QMetaObjectInit::QMetaObjectInit (QMetaObject * (*)())'
> > /usr/lib/qt-2.3.1/include/qmetaobject.h:259: candidates are:
> > QMetaObjectInit::QMetaObjectInit(void (*)())
> > /usr/lib/qt-2.3.1/include/qmetaobject.h:261:
> > QMetaObjectInit::QMetaObjectInit(const QMetaObjectInit &)
> > make[2]: *** [qtcmodule.lo] Error 1
>
> Errors around meta objects are often related to having code lying around
> generated from an older version of moc.

Thanks for the help. I got it to compile without any hitches after I started
from a completely clean slate. Now I got it all running on top of Qt 2.3.1,
which is nice.

I am not experienced at Qt or make, but shouldn't 'make clean' clear out all
the moc files as well? Is this intended behavior to leave the files alone? Is
it just common knowledge when working with Qt that the moc files can get
screwed up and you have to manually delete them?

Also, is there an archive of this mailing list somewhere?

Thanks for all the help, Phil and Boudewijn, it's nice to see it working so
well. I am sorry if I was too much of a bother.

Jonathan