[PyKDE] PyKDE Installation Trouble

Sonic & Knuckles celtic at ix.net.au
Wed Jul 11 10:05:34 BST 2001

I have been interested in using PyQt and PyKDE to create GUI apps. So, I
grabbed the latest PyQt, PyKDE and Sip (all versions at 2.4) tarballs from
theKompany website, and set about installing them on my system RedHat 7.1. I
installed PyQt and Sip with no problems whatsoever (well, I followed the
directions so I hope it worked), but with PyKDE I had major problems. I used
'./configure' with no dramas at all but when it came to 'make' the program I
was left with the following:

"In file included from kdecorecmodule.cpp:32
kdrag.sip:16:18: drag.h: No such file or directory
In file included from sipkdecoreKApplication.h:47,
from kdecorecmodule.cpp:35:
kdrag.sip:45:18: drag.h: No such file or directory
In file included from kdecorecmodule.cpp:39:
kcolorgroup.sip:18:25: kcolorgroup.h: No such file or directory
In file included from kdecorecmodule.cpp:42:
kdrag.sip:29:18 drag.h No such file or directory
In file included from kdecorecmodule.cpp:44:
kdrag.sip:120:10: drag.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [kdecorecmodule] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/PyKDE-2.4/kdecore'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/PyKDE-2.4'
make: *** [all-redirect] Error 2"

Being fairly new to Linux and Python I really don't know what to make of
this other than that something I need is missing. I would like to try and
create something using PyQt and PyKDE, as Python has become my favourite
language. Would someone please tell me what it is I need to get PyKDE
installed?

If anyone can help at all, here is a big THANKYOU in advance.

Cheers,
Vaughan Egan   ---   celtic at ix.net.au