[PyKDE] PyKDE or DCOP?

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 11:29:35 BST 2001

David Hugh-Jones wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm a newbie to KDE development - well, I haven't started yet! I am looking
> for a way to write a plugin for Konqueror, but as I am ignorant of C++, I'd
> like to start using Python or another simple language.
>
> My questions:
> is PyKDE suitable for scripting Konqueror?
> could I script Konqueror using DCOP instead?
> has anyone written a tutorial or some example programs using these
> techniques? (NB I know about the Python and Qt tutorial)

There are two pieces that need to be implemented...

The first is PyKDE for KDE2. This is being worked on at the moment.

The second is the Python interpreter wrapped as a KPart. I'm not aware
that anybody is working on this - but it should be a very simple thing
to do. A good idea for a little project for somebody.

The second piece is not dependent on the first piece - but it will be
more useful when the firts piece is done.