[PyKDE] Qt for windows...

Matt Gerassimoff mgeras at telocity.com
Tue Jun 26 23:17:05 BST 2001

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Phil Thompson wrote:

> Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> >
> > Trolltech is really confusing me now - but anyway:
> >
> > http://www.trolltech.com/company/announce/noncommercial.html
> >
> > This makes freely distributing binaries of PyQt for Windows
> > legal... Funny: you cannot make an app and use it in your
> > work, but you can make an app, give it away, and the people
> > who receive it can use it in their work. That is not all:
> > there's a paragraph aimed specifically at PyQt. You cannot
> > distribute PyQt freely under another license than the
> > non-commercial license, and it is  a very difficult point
> > whether any script isn't directly usage of Qt, instead
> > of PyQt.
>
> Does it mention PyQt explicitly?

It means you can compile and release PyQt for non-commercial purposes.

> You can, of course, distribute PyQt freely under the BlackAdder license.

You could, but now you don't need BlackAddr to release a version of PyQt
or a program developed under PyQt for windows because the licence allows
non-commercial programs to be released for free.  So now it's just a
matter of building sip and PyQt with Qt under windows.

Matt