[PyKDE] Problems installing and compiling PyQt on Redhat 7

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 27 12:57:32 BST 2001

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Gerard Vermeulen wrote:

> Boudewijn,
>
> I am not a Red Hat user (anymore), but maybe I can help:
>
> (1) Since there is an include flag -I/usr/local/include/python2.0,
> I conclude that this is not a standard RedHat package.
> Check out if they have a python-2.0*.rpm

Yes, the compilation errors occurred when he had installed
the BeOpen Python rpm, which installs by default in /usr/local;
now he he installed the RedHat Python rpm, which is in /usr.

> (2) Look at http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
> There is help on Red Hat 7.0 compiler issues (you also need to upgrade glibc).

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. But damn Redhat and blast
them for their releasing of something that broken! This is in innocent
linguist, and I have to tell him to install updates to the most
core component of his system. I hope he won't kill me ;-).

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org