[PyKDE] PyQt configure & qt

Hollis R Blanchard hollis+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed May 9 22:55:01 BST 2001

Small bug report:
	PyQt 2.4's configure script seems to find qt where it isn't:
	checking for -lqt... /usr/lib

	libqt is really in /usr/lib/qt-2.3.0/lib. It's worth noting that QTDIR is
	unset at this point (because it's in an automated build system), but if
	configure is really incapable of finding it, complaining would be better
	than assuming /usr/lib I think. :)

	So of course immediately I got the following:
		c++ -fno-exceptions -O2 -o sip_helper sip_helper.o  -lqt -lXext -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lSM -lICE -lX11
		/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt

Also, I had to add %{pythonver} to the spec (I can't remember if it was sip or
PyQt 2.2 that I saw that in), as well as --with-python-includes and
--with-python-modules in order to allow PyQt to build with either Python 1.5
(which some people are still using) or 2.x. (Would using --with-python=1.5
take care of both of those for me?) I'd be happy to send a diff if anyone's
interested.

I saw the earlier email about --with-python= not working 100%; are there any
plans to fix that? In my case, I'm building on a system where /usr/bin/python
is 1.5, and python2 is /usr/bin/python2[.1]. Thought I'm concentrating on
python 1.5 right now, I suspect that would prevent me from completing a python2
build of PyQt.

-Hollis
(Please cc me; I'm not subscribed...)