[PyKDE] Recent SIP & PyQt Changes

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Wed May 23 23:31:03 BST 2001

I have commited some changes to SIP and PyQt which answer some of my backlog
of problems/questions/enhancements. I've summarised these rather than respond
to the individual emails...

PyQt now includes Toby Sargeant's qtgl module - check the gears.py example
script.

QObject.sender() now works properly.

The missing QWidget.reparent() variant has been added.

The problem with QTranslator is a bug. The workaround is to use
QApplication.translate() rather than a class's tr() method. I will fix this,
but I'll do it as part of a fuller review of translation and Qt Linguist.

Boudewijn's problems with disconnecting Python signals has been fixed.
Actually the bug report was incorrect - the traceback is accurate as there is
a bug in the test script. However, once you fix this you hit a SIP bug - now
fixed. Let me know if you find further problems - the code is complicated and
disconnect() isn't often used.

QObject.blockSignals() only applies to Qt signals, not Python signals - and
they apply to the emitter, not the receiver. Enhancing it to block Python
signals as well is on the TODO list.