[PyKDE] PyKDE2 Packaging

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Nov 1 18:54:34 GMT 2001

Due to the overwhelming user response (thanks, Jan!) I've decided
to package all of the libs as a single PyKDE2 package, rather than
split off kparts/khtml/kspell separately.

Jan's point about preferring a single build/single download makes
sense, and in the event anybody wants to distribute a PyKDE2 based
app, it'll be easier for everyone if there's a standard set of
PyKDE2 modules to program against.

Once this gets rolling, I'll see if I can figure out how to get the
distributions to include PyKDE2, and then RPMs/etc should be
available. SuSE is already including sip and PyQt (but only 2.3 in
SuSE 7.3 :( ).

I'll update CVS with the new modules in the near future.

Jim