[PyKDE] PyQt installation error

Luca Fini lfini at arcetri.astro.it
Fri Nov 16 13:02:50 GMT 2001

Well, I've done it after your suggestion. There is actually a similar (not
identical)  problem reported with respect to qt-2.3.0 for windows. The
suggestion is to upgrade to PyQt-2.5. I've tested PyQt-2.5.

I've a question. I see that the package includes qt.py, but in my
understanding qt.py should be created by sip as part of the installation
process, so it shouldn't be there. Is that true? Any other hint?

Thaks again for all the replies.

							l.f.

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Phil Thompson wrote:

> Luca Fini wrote:
> >
> > After solving the compilation problems, I've still troubles in running a
> > PyQt application.
> >
> > I'm using sip-2.4 and PyQt-2.4,i qt-2.3.1, Python 2.1.1  on RedHat 7.2
> > Linux. I selected version 2.4 because my qt.py file says: "Generated by
> > SIP v2.4" (but I've also tested sip-2.5 and PyQt-2.5 with the samne
> > result)
> >
> > Both sip and PyQt compile and install smoothly, but when I try to import
> > qt I get:

> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/qt.py", line 2532, in ?
> >     libqtc.sipRegisterClasses()
> > SystemError: Unable to find class object for QWorkspace
> >
> > Nay hints?
>
> I think somebody else had this problem (it will be a RedHat problem),
> have you checked the archives?
>
> Phil

       -- )     Luca Fini                            Tel: +39 055 2752 307
 ___    |\      Osservatorio Astrofisico di Arcetri  Fax: +39 055 2752 292
(___|___//___)  50125 Firenze  /   WWW: http://www.arcetri.astro.it/~lfini
 (_)      (_)   Italia        / e-mail: lfini at arcetri.astro.it