[PyKDE] ANN: SIP/PyQt v3.0 Released

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 18 18:18:28 GMT 2001

SIP and PyQt v3.0 have now been released. Download instructions are on
the website at http://www.thekompany.com/projects/pykde/.

Highlights of the release include...

- support for Qt v3 (including 44 new classes)
- a thorough audit of Qt v2 classes to add any missing functions
- support for Python v2.2
- improved code generation reducing the size of the bindings by about
10%

Some things to note...

- some incompatibilities have been introduced (eg. moving some classes
to new modules)
- I've only produced source tarballs for Qt v2.3.1 - v3.0.0 as these are
the only versions I test. If you need earlier versions then let me know
(particularly if you are packaging PyQt for a distribution)