[PyKDE] pyQt and PythonWin

Alexander Kostyrkin kostyrkin at mtu-net.ru
Wed Sep 19 21:54:59 BST 2001

Hello!
I am experiencing some troubles trying to run pyQt from PythonWin
environment. When the tutorial sctipts provided with the pyQt are run from
the DOS path like "python tut1.py" all goes fine, but PythonWin is quite
different: PythonWin itself halts after the "a.exec_loop()" instruction is
executed, as for the screen, an empty Qt window frame appears after a while,
halted as well. Is this a known problem that PythonWin dislikes pyQt
scripts? if yes, is it mendable or not? I am just looking for a way to debug
pyQt scripts on Win32.
Any help would be apprecieated.
Sasya