[PyKDE] Segmentation falue on exit... caused by QLineEdit?

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Thu Apr 4 12:51:48 BST 2002

I am running with PyQt-3.1-Qt-2.3.1.tar.gz and sip-3.1.tar.gz on Qt
2.3.1 (compiled from sources with threading) and Python 2.1.2 (with
threading but not gnu-pth.)

My base system is Linux 2.4.18 with GNU C Library 2.2.

I run the code below, and when it exits (by clicking on the exit button
- X Windows 4.2.0 with BlackBox), it causes a segmentation fault. Other
widgets besides the QLineEdit widget won't cause a segfault. (I have
tried QLabel and QPushButton.)

Also, adding "del w" at the end after a.exec_loop() solves the problem.

This is odd, because I thought I was running PyQt-3.1 and sip-3.1
earlier with no problems at all. Of course, I have upgraded a lot of
things, so it is hard to tell what exactly changed.

I read in an email from a long time ago that this was fixed in newer
versions. Has it popped its ugly head up again? Or am I just on a really
strange system?

Jonathan

THE CODE:

import sys
from qt import *

class my_widget(QWidget):
    def __init__(self,parent = None,name = None,fl = 0):
        QWidget.__init__(self,parent,name,fl)
        self.input = QLineEdit(self)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    a = QApplication(sys.argv)
    QObject.connect(a,SIGNAL('lastWindowClosed()'),a,SLOT('quit()'))
    w = my_widget()
    a.setMainWidget(w)
    w.show()
    a.exec_loop()