[PyKDE] PyKDE2 for KDE3

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Apr 6 09:10:01 BST 2002

A few people have asked whether the KDE3.0beta2 version of PyKDE2
will work with KDE3.0final. The answer (just provided by attempt to
compile under KDE3.0 final which I finally found, downloaded, and
just got installed) is: NO.

I also have the kdelibs source, so I'll be starting on a new
release for KDE3.0 final in the morning. From just a quick look at
the diffs for a couple of subdirectories I think I'll want to
generate a complete version update, which takes anywhere from a
couple of days to few weeks. In addition I have some stuff for
gcc2.96 to work in and want to take another shot at improving the
build and distribution system.

The promised patch for gcc2.96 ran into some difficulties and I
think I'll roll that into the next release as well.

I'll probably have the next release ready about the time some of
you finally find all of the libs you need to get KDE3.0 to work. :)

Jim