[PyKDE] Segmentation falue on exit... caused by QLineEdit?

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Sun Apr 7 02:38:58 BST 2002

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 11:58:23PM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:

> I've tried it with Qt 3.0.3 and 2.3.2 and don't get a seg fault.

Humm... Running the code after several days (and no changes to Qt)
renders no errors.

I'm started to think it had to do with QTDIR or LD_LIBRARY_PATH
variables. So I screwed around with them. I set QTDIR to the old 2.3.2
directory, and I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the lib directory therein.

The problem is that there is no problem.

And I was so careful about actually making sure there was a problem when
I first submitted this. =(

Next time I go and install sip/PyQt, I'll take careful notes, see if it was
something stupid I was doing (most likely true). And I'll remember to
be more careful with the environmental variables for Qt.

Jonathan