[PyKDE] Need user input!

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Apr 7 03:10:55 BST 2002

I've just started on the next release of PyKDE2 and have decided to
tackle the build system first, or at least in tandem with putting
the rest of the release together.

What I need to know is where the PyQt .sip files are located on
your system, so I can tell configure where to look for them. Right
now, I plan on searching the following:

/usr/local/PyQt-3.0/sip
/usr/local/src/PyQt-3.0/sip
/usr/bin/src/PyQt-3.0/sip
/usr/share/sip
/usr/local/share/sip

If your PyQt sip files are somewhere else, let me know so I can add
that location to the configure search path. The easiest way to find
the subdirectories is to do 'locate qobject.sip'.

Also, I'll be switching to sip 3.1 for the next release, as it
makes it much easier to accomplish some of things I want to do.
Ideally, it should be possible to return to a single tarball for
all versions, with a tarball about 20% the size of the current
releases, and easier to distribute fixes and patches too. The
downside is it will add 5 to 15 minutes to the build times, but
recompiles (if needed for fixes) will be much shorter too.

Jim