[PyKDE] designer, pyuic and QBoxLayout

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Tue Apr 9 18:34:33 BST 2002

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, greg Landrum wrote:
[...]
> When setting up simple dialog boxes using BoxLayouts, the code generated by
> pyuic adds an extra QWidget that results in the guts of the dialog not
> resizing with the window.  This widget (named LayoutWidget) is used as the
> parent of all objects in the main dialog.  The net result is that resizing
> the dialog does not end up resizing the guts of the dialog.

I vaguely remember that designer adds a top-level layout implicitly, or
something, so that if you add another one you end up with too many layouts
-- or something like that.  Sorry for the vagueness, but if you think
along those lines I think you'll find the problem.

I had exactly the same problem as you, and tested that uic (the C++ output
version of pyuic) does the same thing.  Somebody on the qt list pointed
out the problem to me, and though I don't think I ever got round to
testing that that really was the problem, I think was confident at the
time that it would work.  Try searching the qt list for (the answer to) my
post if you're still stuck.

John