[PyKDE] Program crash using QCanvasRectangle

ian reinhart geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 12 23:10:00 BST 2002

I have found PyQt is very unstable for windows, you have to really make sure
that Python, libsip, Qt and pyqt are all compiled with the same options.  I
spent a good part of a week hacking arround here but now I have everything
working.  I get a few crashes in libsip every so often, but I am still using
Pre2 of everything since it is such a pain to try to install it.  I have
noticed though that if you use anything that relates to libqtc.lib you run
into problems real fast.  I am wondering if there are a few unexported
symbols that are causeing runtime problems.  Considering I fought for over a
week just to get my own QDialog derived class to work on windows, I would not
be surprised if some more research needs  to go into the libqtc.dll...

Meanwhile check to see that python, libsip and qt are all compiled with -MD in
the cl line.  This fixed most of my problems.

- -ian reinhart geiser