[PyKDE] Re: Building SIP + PyQt on Mac OS X

Dimitri Papadopoulos papadopo at remove.shfj.decoy.cea.fr
Mon Apr 22 13:04:01 BST 2002

I wrote:

> For those interested, this describes how to build SIP+PyQt on
> Mac OS X using the following:
> [...]
> 2) Building PyQt:
>
>    This is pretty straightforward. There is one single problem.
>    The following functions are declared in the Qt headers but
>    are missing from the Qt library libqt-mt.dylib:
>         QFont::dirty()
>         QClipboard::ownsClipboard()
>         QClipboard::ownsSelection()
>         qAppName()
>    This will result in linker errors. You'll have to comment out
>    these functions in the respective qt/sipqtQ<class>.cpp file.

Just looking at the sources, the above problems seem to be fixed in
PyQt 3.2rc2. I can't tell for sure, I haven't built PyQt 3.2rc2 yet.

There were other problems in PyQt 3.2rc1 I had forgotten to report:

Qt defines QThread::currentThread() like this
	    static Qt::HANDLE currentThread();
which is defined this way in qnamespace.h:
	#if defined(Q_WS_MAC)
	    typedef void * HANDLE;
	#elif defined(Q_WS_WIN)
	    typedef void *HANDLE;
	#elif defined(Q_WS_X11)
	    typedef unsigned long HANDLE;
	#elif defined(Q_WS_QWS)
	    typedef void * HANDLE;
	#endif

PyQt 3.2rc1 is using "unsigned long" so you'll get compiler errors.
This seems to be fixed in PyQt 3.2rc2 too.

Finally, I don't know about this warning:
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in basic mode

Maybe it's related to the SDK version? Make sure you have the
latest SDK version. I'll write a new report for SIP 3.2rc2 and
PyQt 3.2rc2 as soon I have tested them, and I'll report the SDK
version I am using.

Dimitri