[PyKDE] Success installing pyKDE but error in pyuic

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Aug 14 11:07:01 BST 2002

On 13-Aug-02 Antoni Aloy López wrote:

> Now I make a design with qt dessigner using some kde widgets and
> I try to generate the source code with pyuic, but I get this
> error:

> pyuic -x -o form1.py form1.ui
> pyuic: relocation error: /usr/kde/3/lib/libkio.so.4: undefined
> symbol:
> unregisterStaticDeleter__7KGlobalP18KStaticDeleterBase

> I have no problems with the Qt widgets.

> Any ideas?

I get the same error on the 'first.ui' PyKDE example with pyuic3,
but it generates a correct 'first.py' anyway. Was
'form.py'generated? The Qt2 (pyuic2) version runs without the error.

The symbol referenced above should be undefined in libkio.so.4 -
it's defined in libkdecore.so (KGLobal and KStaticDeleterBase are
kdecore classes). If it wasn't defined, 'import kdecore' would
fail.

Jim