[PyKDE] PyQt examples fail with QPaintDevice error

David Boddie david at sleepydog.net
Wed Aug 28 15:30:00 BST 2002

I hope that this isn't an FAQ...

I've built PyQt with the following setup:

python build.py -b /usr/bin -c -i /opt/qt/include -l qt-mt
       -p /usr/bin/sip -q /opt/qt -s /usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages

Threaded Qt 3.0.3 is being used (I have libqt-mt.so.3.0.3 in /opt/qt/lib)
and Python is installed in /usr/lib/python2.1. There appear to be no
error in configuring PyQt, building it or installing it.

However, when I try the examples in PyQt-3.3.2/examples3 I get, for
example:

[david at bunsen examples3]$ python tut1.py
QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice
Aborted

What have I done wrong?

--
David