[PyKDE] Licensing issues

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Aug 29 06:04:00 BST 2002

On 29-Aug-02 Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> It seems I made a serious mistake.
>
> The Red Hat RPMs list PyKDE, PyQt, and sip as GPL, as do some
> erroneous websites. However, it seems like the license is more
> of a BSD or MIT license. Looking on the Sourceforge site Jim
> Bublitz set up, he lists PyKDE as MIT.

> Oops. I listed sip, PyQt and PyKDE as GPL without really thinking
> too much of
> it.

> I want to get a confirmation of PyKDE, PyQt, and sip all being
> MIT licensed. If so, I will go and fix everything up.

PyKDE is licensed under the MIT or 'X' license - the license is
included in the top level file for each module (eg dcop.sip,
kdecore.sip, etc.). I'd assume you can license the rpms any way you
want, as long as you include the copyrights and the license - that's
pretty much what the license says.

Jim