[PyKDE] Qt progress example with minor glitch

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Aug 29 23:45:01 BST 2002

Hi PyQties,

after returning from holiday, I needed something easy to start with:
looking through the Qt examples, I hadn't touched before, I found
progress.

While the translation was pretty straight forward, I've come across
these stranglets:
 - cancel a custom label progress dialog don't cancel its timer
   (although I've tried hard to kill it explicitly).
 - sometimes cancel triggers these messages:

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  20
  Resource id:  0x16bce29
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  15
  Resource id:  0x16bce29
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  40
  Resource id:  0x16bce29

   It happens also with the c++ version, so I'm not really troubled...

I couldn't resist from modifying its visual appearance slightly, and
delayed the timer interval to behave a bit more cooperative (unlike its
ancestor).

Comments welcome!

Hans-Peter