[PyKDE] Seperate Qscintilla from PyQt

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Thu Dec 12 07:21:00 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 11 December 2002 07:52 pm, Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 04:40:17PM -0800, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> > be difficult to seperate Qscintilla into a seperate package, and PyQt's
> > qtext as well. While incorporating it into the PyQt package is no
> > problem, it just doesn't seem right.
> >
> > How does the debian package manage this?
> >
> :-?
>
> Just translate the following to the .spec equivalents. I think the only
> "hard" difference is that Debian dependencies rely on packages _name_, not
> on its content:

It sounds like you are more familiar with RPMs than I am. I guess I should
learn how debian works so I can do my job better...

Anyway, I think I understand what you are saying.

In order to COMPILE the PyQt RPMs, you need Qt, sip, and QScintilla.

In order to INSTALL the PyQt base libraries, all you need is sip and Qt.

In order to install the PyQt Qscintilla library (qtext), you need Qscintilla
installed as well. The name of this package will be PyQt-qtext.

I think I see how to do this. Thanks for the tips.

--
Jonathan Gardner
jgardn at alumni.washington.edu