[PyKDE] Re: [C++-sig] Can boost.python and PyQt be used toge

Paul F. Kunz Paul_Kunz at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Fri Dec 13 20:47:01 GMT 2002

> Are you sure that you only have a single QApplication instance and
> that both Boost.Python and PyQt are referencing the same
> QApplication instance?

   Yes.  Create QApplication with PyQt (SIP) and try to create my
derived class of QMainWindow with boost.python, or vica versa.

> That's QPainter related somewhat (if you try
> to instantiate a QWidget with no QApplication instance, the error
> will be from QPainter, for example).

  Yes, I've seen that error.   Tells you to create a QApplication.
That's not the error I'm getting under Windows now.   The error I'm
getting now is after I do app.exec_loop().

> QApplication also sets up the event loop (there should be only one
> of those too).

   I've seen the affect of making that mistake.   I'm not making it
now.

   Thanks for trying to help.