[PyKDE] PyQt 3.5 build problems

Peter Kropf pkropf at legato.com
Thu Dec 19 16:51:00 GMT 2002

Just to follow up on my own posting... The problems stems from the fact that
the Qt code was compiled without the -fPIC option and as a result, the
libqassistantclient.a static library contained code that was not position
independent and the linker was unable to include it in the libqtcmodule.so
shared library. Once I rebuilt Qt with the -fPIC option to the QMAKE_CFLAGS
field of mkspecs/default/qmake.conf, PyQt built and seems to run just
fine...

- Peter