[PyKDE] PyKDE2 alphas6 release/BUGS

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Feb 18 17:34:32 GMT 2002

On 18-Feb-02 Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> Hi,
> I did as you suggested - now it compiles. But linking fails:

> -------
> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link g++ -fno-exceptions -I ../extraH
> -O2  -o
> libdcopcmodule.la -rpath /usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages
> -release
> 3.0alpha6 dcopcmodule.lo sipdcopDCOPStub.lo sipdcopDCOPRef.lo
> sipdcopDCOPObjectProxy.lo sipdcopDCOPObject.lo
> sipdcopDCOPClient.lo
> sipdcopDCOPClientTransaction.lo
> -L/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages
> -lqtcmodule -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/lib
> -L/opt/kde2/lib -lsip
> -lqt -lDCOP -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -lSM -lICE -lX11
> grep: /usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/libsip.la: No such
> file or
> directory
> sed: can't read /usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/libsip.la:
> No such
> file or directory
> libtool: link: `/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/libsip.la'
> is not a
> valid libtool archive
> -----

> I will try and copy the static libsip's into site-packages, but
> if I give the

> --with-sip-libraries=/usr/local/lib

> option I think it should find them there.

> BTW: I already use alpha6

I'm not sure why it's trying to find libsip in site-packages. One
of the changes in sip3.1 is that sip becomes a Python module
instead of a linked lib (pesumably in site-packages), so the link
errors above may still be related to the previous sip3.1
installation.

I think what I'd try is un-tarring and ./configuring
both PyQt and PyKDE2 from scratch if using --with-sip-libraries
doesn't work. You can also check config.log after re-running
./configure and see what it found for sip locations. I seem to
recall that ./configure saves some info after it's run to speed
things up the next time it's run, so you may need a fresh start.

You should probably delete any libsip* files in site-packages, too.

Jim