[PyKDE] Done everything suggested, still getting "undefined symbol" on make install

Giles Constant gilesc at hyperlink-interactive.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 14:11:04 GMT 2002

Hi,

I've recompiled sip with "--with-qt-includes=/foo" etc, I've recompiled
pyqt with all the patches, with all the recommended options.  I'm running
python2.1, debian linux.

Apparently this is in the "FAQ" which recommends compiling sip with qt
enabled (which as far as I can see, is enabled).  I don't see an FAQ, but
I've read practically the entire mailing list archive and spent hours
searching google, I've done everything I've found, and I still get this :

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/packages/PyQt-3.0/qt'
(cd /tmp;
PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages:/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages
/usr/bin/python2.1 -O -c "import qt")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/qt.py", line 44, in ?
    import libqtc
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so: undefined
symbol: qt_invoke__8sipProxyiP8QUObject

what's causing it?