[PyKDE] RE: SuSE problem

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Jan 9 04:01:36 GMT 2002

On 08-Jan-02 Doug Bell <doug101 at xecu.net> wrote:

> Below is a forwarded message from a person who wants to use one
> of my
> programs but is having problems with PyQt.  Since I don't know
> much
> about SuSE packages, I'm hoping someone here can help.

> Thanks,
> Doug.

According to this link:

http://python.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/api/typeObjects.html

PyType_IsSubtype is new in Python 2.2, so it appears
something compiled against Python is out of sync.
Py_IsSubtype is not available in SuSE7.3 which still
uses Python 2.1, as her rpm -q indicates. grepping
around and using nm, I couldn't find any reference
to PyType_IsSubtype in my 7.3 install, or anywhere
in sip/PyQt. I might have missed something, but it
appears to be a Python version related problem.

Jim