[PyKDE] Fwd: SuSE problem

Doug Bell doug101 at xecu.net
Wed Jan 9 04:01:50 GMT 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 09:08:09AM +0100, Gerard Vermeulen wrote:
> Doug,
>
> can  you tell me, where to find your program. I am running SuSE-73
> on a laptop (Mandrake-8.1 would not install).

The program is called TreeLine, located at <www.xecu.net/dougbell>.
I don't think the problem is with my program, but it would be good if
you could try it.

> All I can say is that I am fairly unimpressed with SuSE python's packages.
> (missing standard modules in python itself, no examples, documentation and
> sip files in PyQt, and no PyQt-devel as in other distributions).

Unfortunately, none of the distributions seem to be very good at it.
I've used Mandrake's RPM's - they work OK, but they are very slow to
package upgrades (still only at 2.5).

> But Betti seems fairly knowledgable. She could try to rebuild sip and
> PyQt from the SuSE source RPMs. (I will end up doing that)

I'll pass that along.  Let me know if the source RPM's work out better
than the binaries.

Thanks,
Doug.